When presenting the screen from a MacBook Pro to a TV, there can be extra black spaces on the TV screen because the natural resolution ratio difference between MacBook Pro (16:10) and TV (16:9). In this article, we will show you how to preset PowerPoint or Google Slides from MacBook Pro, or other 16:10 devices, and avoid the extra black spaces.
Here are the suggestions:
1. Upload the PowerPoint file to Microsoft 365 or Google Slides. Open the file in Microsoft365/Google Slides in the web browser. Go to https://present.aericast.com and present the specific browser "tab" of the M 365/Google Slides page, instead of the whole screen. Then resize the browser window to fit the presentation slide content, assuming it's 16:9 based. This will cast the presentation to the entire TV screen without additional blank spaces.
Here is a how-to video: Link
2. Or you can change MacBook Pro's resolution to a 16:9 based resolution during the presentation, but this may require a 3rd party app to do so. => This is Apple's limitation.
Here is a how-to article: Link
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- How to use AeriCast Client
- How to broadcast audio in wireless presentation?
- How to setup AeriCast Meet (Wireless Video Conferencing)?
- Display PowerPoint/Google Slides in whole screen when casting from MacBook Pro
- How to present from the Recent or Favorite Devices?
- How to unpair a device (screen)?
- Different between Instagram & Instagram Business App
- How to cast to multiple screens simultaneously
- How to set up SAML SSO with AeriCast and Azure AD