In case you need to play the audio on the screen during the presentation, you can follow the following instructions to enable the audio broadcast when sharing your screen.
When sharing your screen in windows devices, you can choose to share the audio coming from a specific tab when sharing just a Chrome tab page, or the whole system audio if you choose to share the entire screen.
Share tab audio when sharing a tab
Share system audio when sharing entire screen
For example, if you wish to share the audio from playing a video file, you should choose to share the entire screen and check the "Share system audio" checkbox. Otherwise, if you only wish to share the audio from a YouTube video in the web page, you can choose to share the specific YouTube page, and check the "Share tab audio" instead.
When sharing the audio in Mac devices, you can check the "Share tab audio" checkbox when sharing a specific web tab page, such as a YouTube video page.
Share tab audio when sharing a tab
Share system audio
Due to the Mac OS system's limitation, the "Share system audio" option isn't available when sharing the entire screen like Windows devices.
To share the whole system's audio, you can follow the steps when sharing the screen:
- Download and install AeriCast Virtual Audio Driver
- Change the system sound output to use the "AeriCast 2ch" audio device
- Tap the mic icon at the bottom left in the https://present.aericast.com page, and select AeriCast 2ch device from the list.
- Click the Present button to share your screen, and your Mac's system audio will be broadcasted to the screen (AeriCast Receiver device).
- You can set the system audio output back to the desired device after the presentation so you can hear the sound from your Mac laptop again.
- It is recommended to use Google Chrome or other Chromium browsers, such as Microsoft Edge, for the best audio sharing support.
- You cannot share the audio after starting your screen sharing. You will need to stop the current screen sharing, then re-share again following the steps above to share the audio
- You can choose to mute the audio from your Mac/Windows device, if you don't want the audio to be played from both your laptops and the TV screen. You can adjust the volume level from your laptops, but when muting the audio on your laptops, it does NOT mute the audio at the TV screen.
- Q: Why can't I hear the sound coming from the TV screen when sharing my screen?
A: If you are a Mac user, please make sure the system audio output and the mic device are selected correctly by following the steps above. You may also want to adjust your TV screen or speaker's volume, as well as your Mac/Windows devices' volume.
If you still cannot hear the sound from the TV screen, make sure the "Mute" option is turned off from the AeriCast Receiver's left menu by tapping the menu button (three bars) on the remote.
- Q: Why can't I hear the sound on my Mac after my wireless presentation?
A: Please remember to set the system audio output back to the desired device after the presentation.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- How to use AeriCast Client
- How to broadcast audio in wireless presentation?
- How to setup AeriCast Meet (Wireless Video Conferencing)?
- Display PowerPoint/Google Slides in whole screen when casting from MacBook Pro
- How to present from the Recent or Favorite Devices?
- How to unpair a device (screen)?
- Different between Instagram & Instagram Business App
- How to cast to multiple screens simultaneously
- How to set up SAML SSO with AeriCast and Azure AD